Sarsaparilla root has been used traditionally for centuries as a well being tonic, blood purifier, diuretic and sweat promoter that could help treat serious, even life-threatening infections. Although sarsaparilla can treat skin infections from tropical bugs, leprosy or syphilis, it is now commonly found in herbal preparations for balancing hormones, lowering fluid retention and improving overall immune function. In herbal medicine practices, sarsaparilla roots are used to make natural remedies that help treat some of the following health problems:
• Coughs and colds
• Rheumatoid arthritis pains, joint pain or rheumatism
• Skin problems, including psoriasis, toe fungus, wounds, ulcers and ringworm
• Muscle pains, weakness or fatigue
• Low libido and sexual impotence
Researchers have identified numerous active chemical properties within sarsaparilla root, including strong antioxidants, along with anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory compounds.
• Saponins: Anti-inflammatory chemical compounds that taste bitter and help kill fungus, bacteria, cancer cells and harmful microbes. Saponins also naturally mimic effects of certain reproductive hormones associated with youthful characteristics, including testosterone and estrogen.
• Plant sterols: Found in many high-fiber plant foods and shown to benefit gut health, heart health and digestive health.
• Flavonoid antioxidants: Found in brightly colored fruits and veggies, such as berries, and linked to longevity, reduced inflammation, skin health, eye health and improved immune function.
• Volatile oils and acids: Including caffeoylshikimic acid, shikimic acid, ferulic acid, sarsapic acid, kaempferol and quercetin.
• Trace minerals: Including aluminum, chromium, iron, magnesium, selenium, calcium and zinc.
USES AND PREPARATIONS
- Tea brewing on it own
- Home brew ferments (beer, cider, kombucha, herbal wines)
- Infused in alcohol to make liqueurs
- Herbal tea blend
- Encapsulation (great for on the go or travelling)
- Decoction, made into cold beverages
Specific: No known precautions.
General: We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
Fern & Lily botanical herbs are organic and packed in Australia. Supplying the most potent and highest quality in Australia.
We ship worldwide & can combine postage to save costs.